I recently gifted my cousin my AirPods on his birthday, but he wasn’t able to connect the AirPods to his iPhone because he hadn’t changed ownership of the AirPods and he didn’t even know how to change the ownership of AirPods And then I helped her.
So friends, Are you thinking about selling or giving your AirPods as a gift? but don’t know how to change the owner of AirPods, no worries, I am here to help you, Today I will discuss how to change ownership of AirPods.
Friends, changing the ownership of your AirPods is a simple process that can be completed in just a few quick steps. Read the full article to do this.
Why Change Ownership of AirPods?
Changing ownership of AirPods is required when you want to transfer the device to a new user, whether you’re selling, gifting, or sharing them. Users usually upgrade their AirPods because Apple releases new versions of their devices every year.
Or, When upgrading to the current model, keeping the older version becomes useless. so many users choose to sell or give their old AirPods as a gift to their family or friends.
Or, When AirPods are lost or stolen, you should remove them from their Apple account because changing the owner status helps avoid unauthorised access to personal data by the lost or stolen AirPods.
Or, If there are connectivity issues or problems with the AirPods, unpairing and fixing them can be helpful. In this case, changing the owner is used for fixing the AirPods using the same device to make a new connection. So there are many reasons why you might need to change the owner of AirPods.
How to Change Ownership of AirPods Pro?
Check that the AirPods are charged before doing the following steps. Also, your Apple devices, like the iPhone or iPad, should be connected to the AirPods. After that, carefully follow the steps:
Step 1: Put AirPods in the case
To complete this entire process, first of all, you have to put your AirPods back in the charging case so that you are not confused about the process that is going to happen next.
Step 2: Change the name of your Bluetooth device
You need to change the name of your Bluetooth device after keeping your AirPods in the case to prevent the new user from pairing their AirPods with your name.
Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device and tap the “i” next to your AirPods in the list of connections to change the name.
Tap on your device’s name after that.
Then enter a new name after removing your old one from the device.
Step 3: Open Find My App
Now, on your Apple device, open the Find My app. The “Devices” tab is located at the bottom of the page. When you tap on it, you’ll see a list of your connected devices. Look for and choose your AirPods from this list.
Step 4: Remove your device
When you tap on your AirPods in the list, the Find My app will redirect you to a new page. You’ll discover settings for your AirPods here, including their last known status, the timestamp of their last use, and tools to help you find them if they ever go lost.
Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and select “Remove This Device.” This is an important step since it removes the AirPods from your Find My settings and blocks your device from tracking them.
This is an important step in the process since it allows the new owner to easily add the AirPods to their own Find My settings.
Step 5: Give it to the new owner
Finally, you can give your AirPods to their new owner. When they have the AirPods, users should press and hold the button found on the back of the case to start the pairing process. Following that, customers must follow the on-screen prompts on their Apple iPhone to finalise the ownership transfer.
How to Reset Airpods?
When you first connect your AirPods to your iPhone, they automatically connect to your Apple ID. there’s no need to manually connect your iPhone to your Apple devices.
To use them on any of your devices, simply select them from the list. Because your AirPods are closely connected to your Apple ID, you can delete them from your account if necessary. The process is as simple as a first pairing.
Check that the AirPods and the charging case are both fully charged before doing a factory reset. I will guide you through the process of easily resetting AirPods Pro:
- Start by putting your AirPods inside the charging case. Open the charging case’s cover then carefully slide the AirPods inside.
- Close the cover after putting them inside and keep the case alone for a minimum of one to two minutes. Open the cap again after some time.
- You may now find a setup button on the charging case’s rear. For approximately 15 to 20 seconds, press and hold this button.
- You’ll see the status light starting to blink as you continue to keep the button down for this time. It will first come an amber light, which will change to a comforting white color after a short while.
- Your AirPods Pro has been successfully reset and is ready for a new setup or connection once the status light changes to white, so you can release the setup button without risk.
Read more: Should AirPods Show on My Devices?
How to Change Airpods Name?
If you have multiple Bluetooth devices with the same name, such as your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it can be confusing. A unique name allows you to easily notice your AirPods. To change the name of your AirPods, follow these steps:
- Check that your AirPods are connected to the iOS device (iPhone or iPad) that you want to change the name.
- On your iOS device, open the “Settings” app.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Bluetooth.”
- Your AirPods should be listed in the “My Devices” section. Tap the “i” (information) icon next to the current name of your AirPods.
- Tap on the current name in the “Name” box to enter a new name for your AirPods.
- Tap “Done” or “Save” after entering the new name to confirm the change.
How to transfer Airpods to another case?
There are a variety of new design AirPods cases in the market, which you want to change or can be changed. If you need to change your case, what to do in such a situation, and how to change your AirPods case, I am going to tell you a simple and easy way below:
- first, open the AirPods case and carefully place each AirPod inside.
- Press and hold the setup button on the case’s back for a few seconds after putting the AirPods. This starts the pairing process for your AirPods and case.
- Wait until the case’s LED indicator changes from white to red or orange. When you see this color change, place the charging cover next to your iPhone.
- Pairing instructions should appear on your iPhone’s screen. To complete the pairing process, carefully follow the instructions displayed on the screen. If everything is done correctly, your AirPods will pair with the new case.
Read more: How to Hide AirPods at Work?
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: How to change the owner of Airpods Max?
Ans: To change the owner of the AirPods Max, reset them by pressing the volume control button and the Digital Crown until the LED light flashes amber. Then, using normal Bluetooth pairing processes, connect the AirPods Max with the new owner’s device.
Ques: How to remove previous owner from airpods pro?
Ans: To remove the previous owner from AirPods Pro, the current owner must first unpair the AirPods from their device. Place the AirPods near the device, go to Bluetooth settings, select the AirPods, and select “Forget This Device.” The AirPods can then be paired with a new owner’s device .
Ques: How to remove Apple ID from AirPods without previous owner?
Ans: Without the previous owner’s interaction, you can’t remove an Apple ID from AirPods. To use them with a new Apple ID, the previous owner must remove them from their account via iCloud settings or provide you with access and password information.
So, friends, I have shared my experience with you. I tried my best to tell you how to change ownership of AirPods. I have shared my experience with you.
By following these steps correctly, you have simply transferred ownership of your AirPods from one person to another.
The AirPods are normally unpaired from the previous owner’s accounts in this process, then they are reset to create fresh connections with the new user’s device.